ASSISTANT CREDIT MANAGER POSITION
A well-established local wholesale distribution company is currently seeking an assistant to our Corporate Credit Manager. In this role you will be responsible for the following duties.
Duties to include:
1. Reconciliation and maintenance of assigned COD accounts to include follow-up on short payment and non-payment situations.
2. New accounts duties include credit reference requests, and obtaining credit bureau information. These accounts range in size to one person shops to major corporations.
3. Entering credit and COD accounts on to the computer system, maintaining current address and contact information.
4. Occasional backup during vacations or absence of Corporate Credit Manager in making collection calls to delinquent customers.
5. Review of credit approval requests on accounts that are over their credit lines or past due or both.
6. Obtaining credit bureau and credit reference information for credit line reviews on existing accounts.
7. Fielding customer service and account calls from our account base. Interacting with our sales force to minimize and solve customer service issues.
8. Responding to requests for credit reference information from other vendors on our customer base.
9. Obtaining backup information for customer refund requests.
10. Backup Corporate Credit Manager when they are out of the office.
11. Batching and preparing checks and cash for posting to customer and general ledger accounts. Post daily check deposits to customer accounts. Process and post credit card payments on customer accounts.
12. Assisting with month-end statement processing.
13. Updating tax exemption status and maintaining current tax status files on Washington accounts.
14. Filing invoices from branch locations. Maintaining daily deposit records and preparing them for storage.
15. Month end and year end file maintenance
The ideal candidate has a strong knowledge of credit, collections, liens, risk evaluation, and the ability to provide great service to non-financial contacts at all levels of the organization.;
Required Experience & Qualifications:
· Associate or Bachelor degree is preferred but not required.
· Five (5) years of successful experience in credit/collections; Preferably in the wholesale distribution trade.
· Equivalent combination of education and experience is acceptable.
· Ability to communicate in writing clearly and effectively.
· Read with comprehension the necessary related documentation such as credit applications, credit reports, invoices, and statements.
· Must be able to communicate effectively while proving exceptional phone skills and etiquette to customers.
· Must be adept at using various applications including Excel, word processing, and communicate by e-mail.
· Must be able to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, and oral form.